Thursday, August 09, 2007

Why are we so afraid of . . . ?

Every once in awhile I reach that point where I've just got to get something off my chest. Living during the regime of "W", I guess, promotes the need.


  • Why are we so damn afraid of adding a nickel to our gas tax so that we can address the critical maintenance needs of our highways and bridges?

  • When will this country realize that transportation is a vital national requisite supporting our capitalistic structure - not something that has to be profit-driven in itself?

  • For that matter, why are we so afraid of considering nationalized health care programs?

  • When will we have the sense to recognize - in spite of the NRA - that the right to bear arms does not necessarily include semi-automatic weapons or grenade rocket launchers?

There are a few other items I might mention but I'll be temporarily happy if just one or two of the above are honestly addressed by us.

No comments: